Sample journey for a patient experiencing limb reconstruction surgery and the fitting of a Taylor Spatial Frame (TSF).
- Referral to KCH Limb Reconstruction Unit (LRU).
May be by:
- Consultant from another hospital
- Consultant within KCH
2. Patient contacted by KCH LRU.
- Patient is contacted by specialist nurse within KCH LRU to arrange a first appointment
- May be a hospital-to-hospital transfer if already an in-patient elsewhere
3. Assessment by LRU team.
- Seen in clinic by consultant
- Meet LRU team
- IMPARTS assessment
- Initial treatment plan discussed
- Possible other investigations arrange
4. Emergency care
- Arrangement for admission to KCH for surgery
4. Planned care
- Return to LRU with results of investigations
- Treatment plan discussed
- Patient questions answered
- Introduction to REBUILD charity support